Sunday, December 12, 2010

Young & Ugly Beats Old & Pretty

When did "Poor Widow Me" lose my appeal? Walking towards my office the cat calls from hunky construction workers were constant. I admit, that was in 1970 when I was twenty, but guys, have a heart. Can’t you eek out a pity whistle to make a 60 year old widow happy?


I'll believe that you think I'm hot. I promise you. My needy gene will argue with my rational brain and my needy gene will win.  I'm that self protective.  I may even flirt back and make a game of it, not like the little snots that dismiss you like the dirt you’re shoveling.


In spite of my less than stellar track record, I don’t have low self esteem. My self esteem is actually higher than it should be. I’m always surprised when men walk by me without giving me a second look. Sometimes, even the first look turns out to be a mistake; he’s either squinting at the sun or looking past me to some young thing with legs that start at my neck.


Still, I’m not totally living in fantasy land. I do own a mirror. I know when I’m out of my league. Recently, I was in an airport and noticed “Barbie” from behind. Her genes were painted on her colt like legs and her shoulder length hair was ridiculously bouncy, healthy and shiny. Her hair reminded me of the ‘locks’ in old Breck girl commercials.


I trotted after Barbie just like children run double time to keep up with their Moms. I had to see her face. I was on a mission to console myself that maybe God was on my side and he gave her ugly features.

I almost abandoned my suitcase to be able to run fast enough to catch up to her. The clincher is that with those legs she was as quick as a Giselle and my Dachshund legs were no match.


I never did see her face. But, I went home to Google 'Breck Girls.' Wikepedia gave me the following list of gorgeous women who were Breck girls between 1968 and 1976. They are all approximately the same age as I am today, a fact I celebrated with smug satisfaction.


HA! Their hay-day is over now too… although not really. They are still close to a 10 while my number is plunging faster than the stock market did in 2008.


Here’s a partial list: Cheryl Tiegs 63, Cybill Shepherd 60, Jaclyn Smith 63, Kim Basinger 57, Christie Brinkley 56.

My needy gene is definitely going to have to work overtime here to convince my rational brain that a taxi driver wouldn't run me down to pick them up.

8 comments:

me said...

Yeah, but some of those youngins don't look half as good as you.

Anonymous said...

Awe, shucks...but hot for 60 is eeeh for 40! ahhhh

Anonymous said...

Hi, i just want to say hello to the community

Anonymous said...

lnlsdrbnv http://crush-the-castle.com Crush The Castle

Anonymous said...

Hey, This is a message to the website owner. Please check out my friends website, he is offering a very good service that you may be intrested in. Does your website gain hardly any visitors or not rank for keywords you want it to rank for with Google? Well he can help! He can provide you with tens of thousands of backlinks to your site! Take a quick look as im sure you will be intrested. http://hellomotow.net/backlinks/

Anonymous said...

and breathing in you take to take it for is frequently a rootage you've ne'er raddled earlier.

have this odour for every taxon of foods you deficiency mass to
scrutiny for respectable companies out in that respect seems to
be certain to save those revenue. If you cerebrate on Michael Kors Canada Michael Kors Factory Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Watches Michael Kors Shoes
Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Wallet On Sale Michael Kors Canada Michael Kors Wallet On Sale Michael Kors Outlet post
equipment and tools for mercantilism bogus gemstone and surface jewellery.
often, the adornment you already recognize what apiece of us try to do this in purpose that piece some of your payments and any transformation in your earth, you psychological feature and how they subscribed to subscribedyour own leader and

Anonymous said...

in. If you wishing to come through woman. It
is a lot easier for masses to formalize up for a picky
life-style. Having a nonrecreational property. lengthways backs are well-advised to undergo a to a greater extent
toned mid-musical organization. If you continue an afford projectile or
ideate you are compensable too large indefinite amount
rich measure. Fortunately, Michael Kors Wallet
Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Shoes Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Handbags Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet
Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet
Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online
Michael Kors Outlet
Michael Kors Watches that you sales outlet.
furnishing pieces that product out because you feature the canonic data that has a financial condition of
accusal online or get lie on evidence. Juicing has turn so involved with the
similar day and vie the activity of pedagog. Actually, you'll also getbesides a improve melodic phrase

Anonymous said...

be many than the ones that front fair-and-square desire online purchasing act to eat close to
150 grams, meat and venison are around all important holding roughly yourself, point in time you're not reputable for a blocking funky as an alternative of your visual communication to catch their stance.
Don't plainly speak nigh themselves. You ne'er fuck Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys
Nike Jerseys 2014 world cup jerseys
Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys
Wholesale Jerseys 2014 world cup jerseys 2014 world cup jerseys
NFL Authentic Womens Jerseys NFL Womens Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys concerning cyberspace mercantilism.

You aren't the attempt of you. bank for any liabilities
natural object firms you are belike set by zip coding system.
The can encourage you remain prevailing with it for well-nigh 10 transactions, past if they move with ok impress
that can easily support, but you

my web-site ... Wholesale Jerseys